Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > SD card is damaged or not inserted messa...
SD card is damaged or not inserted message at startup

5339 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2014-03-13 13:04:52

•   Level 3   
    (70) points
    alfa159200
    2014-01-06 08:05:15
     Hello,

I have bought a used DS708 and updated successfully to OS 6.17. All was working.
    To have a backup I copied the content of the SD to a new 8GB SD from Transcend. So far so good, but when I now start the tool I get the "SD card missing, damaged or wrong SD card inserted" message.

When I remove the SD and plug it it again the tool starts up.
    What can be the reason for this ?
    I happens also with cards from other manufactures.

Also when I put back the original card the system starts normally  BUT most vehicle makers are GONE.
    I do not see the Asian section anymore and form the Europe sections most makers are missing now.

Anny idea ?
    Anny help ?

Thanks
    Peter

•   Level 3   
    (70) points
    alfa159200
    2014-01-08 00:36:54 (Reply to:alfa159200)
     OK some updates.

First, the original SD is working again. I had a backup (ZIP) from the day it arrived and I formated the SD and restored the ZIP.
    Worked and update to v 6.17 worked also.

For the bigger SD I have seen that this will need a running contract for updates as the authorization (file) seems to know about the SD used.
    OK, by now the updates are expired (used and therefor cheap DS708) and I may pay for new updates later. By now my car is supported and I do not need any new cars yet.

May be autel can confirm the "need contract and update software" issue.
    Thanks

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2014-01-13 00:50:49

Actually we don't call it contract, but authorization. 
    Just like you said, our tool will do a scan to identify the card you are using, if it can't find the authorization key, then it will reject your card. 
    Good habit to keep a backup all the time.

•   Level 3   
    (58) points
    nympfisher

2014-02-10 12:08:43 (Reply to:Autel Support)

so. if i buy a 16 gig card and copy it will the auth key to new card ?

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-02-17 11:12:18 (Reply to:nympfisher)

hello that 8 gig card you bought is defective or the wrong brand or format  get another one make sure it is the same brand  check the lock on the card make sure is off  copy and paste everything from the original card to the new one make sure antivirus is off  if you get a wifi mac error delete all brands and do a complete update

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    sabrigenc

2014-03-13 13:04:52

BJR A TOUS   apres  une mise a jour de maxidas . il a rebooter et charge le programme et

la sd non reconnu  ou  endommager

il  me  demande  inserer .pouvez  vous m aider  svp

Total1 Pages